Preparing For Your First Visit
- Click HERE For new patient paperwork.
- Review the information carefully
- Sign in the designated areas
- Bring with you to your first appointment
What else do I need to bring to my physical therapy evaluation?
- Medication list
- Dates of significant medical events related to this condition
- Test Results: MRI, CT scan, Xray, Recent blood work, stress test….etc.
Helpful Items to Bring
- Assistive devices
- Any braces you have received related to this condition
What occurs during a typical evaluation?
- 20-30 min reviewing your medical history and learning more about your goals and expectations for physical therapy
- 20 -60 min (depending on your condition) performing an evaluation of your strength, ROM, movement patterns, and functional mobility
- 10-45 min (depending on the results of the evaluation) discussing the results of the evaluation, establishing a plan, and starting treatment of your condition.
** Please keep in mind that each patient is unique and therefore, the information provided on this page is subject to change.
- Attire: please wear something loose and comfortable.
- Pants/bottoms: Clothing that will allow easy access to knee and ankle/foot
- Shirt/top: That will allow access to your shoulder, elbow, hand, and wrist.
- Ladies: A tank top or sports bra is recommended to complete a thorough movement analysis